Friday, June 20, 2014

DIAGRAM: Israelite camp in the wilderness under Moses in relation to the Tabernacle.


While teaching on the Tabernacle of Israel during the wilderness wanderings I needed a chart depicting the probable layout of the Israelite camp. I couldn't find one I liked so I made my own. I am happy to share it with you. I used simple math to figure the ratios of the area needed to accomodate those listed for each tribe in the Biblical census. By grouping those tribes on each side of the tabernacle you can figure the total area needed on each side. When you divide that area by the length of the respective side of the tabernacle you can figure the distance from the tabernacle that the encampment on that side would have gone. The formula for the area (square feet per man) really doesn't matter as long as you are consistent throughout. The ratios will remain the same which is what you really need to illustrate the shape anyway.


Copy and use this as you need it as a teaching aid, as long as you aren't selling the image. Please credit the image as IMAGE: Tony Thomas, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment. Please keep it civil.